To get a discount on all Christofle Cutlery Sets you can use the coupon code: CHRISTGIFT
5 Piece Flatware Set
A single five-piece sterling silver flatware set (that is, a dinner fork, dinner knife, table spoon, dessert fork, and teaspoon) is the easiest way to choose your cutlery set. Simply choose the number of table place settings you need.
Sterling Silver Flatware 24 pieces
Sterling silver flatware set of 24 pieces includes service for 6 guests and comes with a storage chest.
Contains 6 of each of the following: dinner forks, dinner knives, table spoons and coffee/tea spoons.
Sterling Silver Flatware 36 pieces
A 36-piece sterling silver flatware set is made for 6 guests and comes with a storage chest.
Contains 6 of each of the following: dinner fork, dinner knife, tablespoon, after dinner teaspoon, dessert fork and dessert knife.
Sterling Silver Flatware
Choosing the ideal sterling silver flatware is a surprisingly heavy decision.
With thousands of patterns to choose from, buying a cutlery set can be a daunting task if you don’t know what to look for. That’s why we’ve prepared this selection to help you make a more informed decision in your search for the perfect cutlery. It includes a basic overview of the best luxury brands, available sets, designs and materials, so you will have a better understanding of what your perfect choice will be.
How to choose the Best Sterling Silver Cutlery?
Choosing the best sterling silver flatware means not only picking a pattern you love that coordinates with your good dishware, but buying quality pieces. The most important thing to know is how to tell the difference between sterling silver and silver plate. Sterling silver flatware should be marked with the number 925 to ensure you’re getting the best silverware possible.
The number 925 should be stamped on each piece of flatware. This hallmark refers to 92.5 percent sterling silver content. Pure silver is too soft to form usable pieces such as cutlery, so the other 7.5 percent is made up of copper or other metal. Instead of 925, good silverware may also be stamped with the word sterling. It’s important to look for the stamps because sterling silver flatware and silver plated flatware can look quite identical.
It’s important to purchase your sterling silver cutlery from a luxury brand with a high quality reputation. If you want the best sterling silver set, it makes sense to buy it from a top-tier producer, like Christofle or Puiforcat. Make sure you examine your silver pieces carefully before purchasing. For example, check that you like the lengths of the fork tines, the depth of the spoon bowls, and especially the design on the handles.
Sterling Silver Flatware Sets
Sterling silver cutlery sets are usually sold in one of three ways: as a 24-piece set (basic service for six, containing 6 pieces each: dinner fork, dinner knife, table spoon and teaspoon), 36-piece set (all pieces of 24-piece set, plus 6 dessert forks and 6 dessert knives), or a 5-piece set (standard set for 1 person).
To discover the entire range of cutlery from the best brands visit our online shop pages of Christofle, Versace, Puiforcat and Hermès with all cutlery sets in stainless steel, silver plated or sterling silver.
How to care about your Sterling Silver cutlery?
Sterling silver cutlery is beautiful, lustrous and sublime, it will change the look of your table, but it is necessary polish it regularly to avoid oxidation and store it carefully to avoid scratches.
Old silverware is fragile. For this reason, many still assume that silverplated cutlery should not be put in the dishwasher. In fact, modern silverware is dishwasher safe in most cases as long as it doesn’t have any special lacquers or coatings. The best care for your new silverware is simply regular use.
Only when storing silver for a longer period of time should caution be exercised. When silver is not used, it will tarnish eventually as black sulphur compounds develop on its surface.
To get the best results in the dishwasher, the following tips are helpful:
Remove coarse food residues in advance and wash cutlery quickly.
Use gentle programmes with temperatures below 50 °C.
Do not wash together with aluminium or stainless steel utensils.
Open the dishwasher door immediately after washing to avoid water stains.
The best experts in handling sterling silver cutlery are the manufacturers themselves. Therefore, always follow the care instructions of the respective manufacturer for your sterling silver cutlery.